Sheridan Neighborhood Meeting Minutes August 28th, 2006
Welcome and introductions- all board members present with the exception of Melissa Davis
Previous minutes were read and amended, Nina Axelson motioned to accept the amended minutes, Pam Lohse seconded and minutes were approved.
- Treasurer's report was given via e-mail. 501C3 will need to be filed with the IRS in January and SNO will need to diversify its methods of funding.
Second Precinct (2Pac): No August meeting was held.
MEND: No Report
AFCAC: No Report
GB Phase One: The issues with the foundation location were approved and Sheridan Development will close on the property September 1st.
Artist Task Force: No Report
CARE Partnership for action: Organizational at this point to create CARE, the objective is to meet with police officers to combine both the 2nd & 4th precinct to deal with inspections, public prosecutors office and the police. An initial meeting will be held at Marcy Holmes School September 20th @ 6:00pm.
Events Committee; Seaen MacKay asked for $600 budget for the ice cream SNOcial. Nina motioned, Susan seconded and motion carried.
NRP: Phase II NRP plan was approved at the NRP Committee policy meeting. At a previous meeting there was discussion to shift money from the absentee landlord revolving loan program into the business revolving loan program. The business loan program currently has $81,000 in it but $80,000 is allocated for Ritz Parking Lot. There are three businesses with applications in for funding. The absentee landlord program currently has $89,000 in it and has only been used a couple of times. Seaen MacKay made a motion to shift $59,000 from the absentee landlord program into the business loan program, Susan Kulstad seconded, discussion followed and motion carried. Seaen MacKay to send a letter to NRP outlining the board action.
Business Committee: Bob Sorg reported that Sheila Biernet and the Northeast walking club (SNOSHOES) was asking for a contribution of $100 from each of the participation neighborhoods to help offset the costs of a final walking and boat ride. Nina motioned to donate the money, Bill 2nd, Seaen Abstained and motion carried.
Outreach Committee: No Report
SNO Art: No report
- Jeff Moritko from Mayslaks spoke briefly about his leaving and introduced the new owner Dean and invited everyone to a farewell party.
- Denise from the housing resource center said that 22nd neighborhoods including Sheridan received a grant of $500,000 that is available to residents who have be tagged by inspections and there is up to $15,000 available to supplement/defer the costs of the repairs.
- Nina gave a brief overview of SNO mail on Yahoo.
- Marshall Ave. residents are in discussions to start permit parking in the area to deal with Gabby’s customers.
- Holland school RFP, the proposed cultural center has not responded to the remaining questions from the school board and if they respond it would still have to go thru the approval process.
- Kittens free to good home.
New Business: Althea Wilmette gave an overview of her proposed project at the Grain Belt office building and was asking for a letter of support, as was given to her group previously. The board asked Althea to come back with this request once the RFP was actually published by the city, expected around the 24th of October, 2006.
Nina Axelson moved to adjourn the meeting Bill Lloyd seconded and motioned carried.
SNO Interim Meeting Saturday September 23rd, 2006
All board members present except for Nina Axelson
Melissa Davis made a motion to spend up to $300 for a multi use copy/fax/printer/scanner for the SNO office, discussion ensued. Melissa amended the motion to $500. Susan Kulstad seconded, motion carried.
Susan Kulstad made a motion to look at getting a volunteer or paid grant writer. This would be to assemble a generic, yet specific to our immediate concerns, grant proposal if SNO members are not available, motion was amended to include that if a paid position it would be an independent contractor to be 1099'd. Pam Lohse 2nd and motion carried.
Back to SNO Minutes!